Facial Reflexology combines the benefits of both health and beauty treatments. It is a relatively new therapy that is currently still being developed, using a myriad of approaches drawn from Ayurvedic, Native American and eastern wisdoms. It is a non-invasive relaxing experience which can have acute and whole body results in the same way as achieved by a foot reflexology treatment, with the added benefit of toning the muscles of the face and skin. Therapeutic essential oils can be used to enhance the effect of the treatment.
So how is Facial Reflexology different to facial beauty treatment?
• Standard facials offered at salons often focus on branded products, with a sales based aim. These products are not always the best option for the client, as they often contain parabens and animal derivatives.
• A full consultation covering medical and lifestyle issues is undertaken during a facial reflexology treatment, whereas a minimal skin analysis is given prior to a beauty facial.
• Facials are superficial, with an element of relaxation but affecting the superficial layers of the skin and muscles. Facial reflexology is performed on the face but it affects the whole body and energetic component of the client.
• Some facials offered at Spas and salons can actually be bad for the skin in the long term; for example, regular microdermabrasion has been shown to thin the skin and increase sensitivities.
Facial Reflexology: 60 minutes - £45
Facial Reflexology is the technique of applying gentle pressure to reflex areas on the face and ears, with a neck, shoulders and head massage to bring about a state of deep relaxation.
Facial Reflexology is a great treatment for:
• A feeling of deep relaxation and wellbeing
• Stress, anxiety and tension relief
• Can Improve mental capacity due to improved circulation to the brain
• Improved skin and hair
• Improved vitality
• Removal of tension from neck and shoulders
• Can improve sleep
• Improves circulation
• Enhances mood
• A pampering restorative treat
• Can improve facial tone and tightening of the skin with regular sessions
Your Facial Reflexology treatment will consist of:
• Full Consultation (up to 30 mins for initial visit and 15 mins on subsequent visits)
• Relaxing Heated Foot Spa
• Tailored Facial Reflexology treatment of up to 45mins
• Bespoke blended oil – using high grade and organic aromatherapy oils
• Massage of head, neck and shoulders.