What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is the technique of applying gentle pressure to reflex areas on the feet, hands, face and even the ears, to bring about a state of deep relaxation. The theory behind reflexology is that the organs, nerves, glands and other parts of the body are connected to those reflex areas so stimulation to these areas by various techniques, involving compression and/or manipulation, will bring about a direct response in a related body area. The right foot corresponds to the right side, the left foot to the left side of the body and likewise the hands.
The feet are most commonly worked on because practitioners feel that they are usually more responsive to treatment due to a larger surface area and are more sensitive, although reflexology can be just as efficacious working on those other areas.
Reflexology is now used increasingly in the Health sector and is more accepted as part an addition to orthodox medicine. This is a result of recent research studies using accepted research methodologies and modern technological tools, which can show changes in the brain corresponding to the reflex/body part being worked and the use of thermal imaging cameras to capture the physiological changes in e.g. Lymphedema.
I particularly love giving this treatment as it is safe, natural and an effective therapy that draws upon both ancient and modern science.
What are the benefits of Reflexology?
Reflexology enables me to activate the natural healing powers of your body to bring about a general sense of well-being through balance, harmony and increased vitality.
Reflexology is a great treatment for:
• Stress-relief – reduces stress and tension
• Alleviating muscular and joint pain
• Re-balancing your hormones – menopause, PMT, regulate menstruation
• Fertility issues
• Boosting the immune system
• Increasing energy, improving mental clarity, and emotional balance
• Improving digestive issues
• Cleansing the body of toxins, improving circulation and lymphatic drainage
What treatments to do you offer?
I offer five Reflexology treatments from The Garden Room:
• Classical Reflexology
• Reiki-Flex - a complementary mixture of Reflexology and Reiki
• Facial Reflexology
• Aroma-Flex – a combined Reflexology and Aromatherapy session
• Top and Toe – a blend of Facial Reflexology and Classical Reflexology for a truly indulgent experience!
Reflexology treatments have a cumulative effect, so any four treatments booked together shall have a 10% discount applied.
Bespoke blended Aromatherapy oils can also be purchased for home use – for inhalation and baths.
Gift Vouchers are available from £20 upwards.